Ford City Armory

 

Name of Armory (location):

Ford City Armory

   
Secondary/Traditional
Names of Armory:

Ford City Armory

   
Year Built:

 

   
Architect/Builder:  
   
Construction Costs:  
   
County of Construction:

Armstrong

   
Mailing Address: 108 Valley View Drive
Ford City, PA 15226-9758
   
GPS Coordinates:  
   
Square Footage of Armory:

 

   
Size of Land and Rack:  
   
Current Units in Armory:

128th Brigade Support Battalion, Company G FSE FA

   
Past Units in Armory:  
   
History:

The original 11,660 square foot armory was built in 1925 on 301 Tenth Street and is constructed in the Moderne architectural style by Clyde Hatten. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.

The armory was sold in 1996 due to the changing needs of the military and a new one was constructed.

   
PNG Military Museum © 2009 Web Site by Center State Communications