Maj. Gen. William Lynch, Adjutant General of Pennsylvania, dedicated the building on Dec. 17, 1999.
According to the Report of the Adjutant General of Pennsylvania, the orginal armory was constructed in 1906 by Frank H. Hurst for $18,545 in the Romanesque architectural style and is located on Eagle and Spring Sts. It was on the National Register of Historic Places. The original Mount Pleasant armory, built in 1906, was vacated in 1994 and torn down in 1996.
It was errected for the use of Company E, 10th Regiment and was situated in what was known as Frick Park. The plot of ground was donated by the Borough of Mount Pleasant.